(Trichology deals with the study of scalp and hair problems - the different types of hair loss, baldness, scaling problems that occur, and the non-medical treatment of those maladies.)
What Problems does a TRICHOLOGIST deal with?
Most problems seen by trichologists involve either :-
- Excessive loss of hair, thinning hair, patches of baldness, or hair breakage.
- Scaling problems - either in patches or over the entire scalp.
- Excessive oiliness and/or itching of the scalp.
What will a TRICHOLOGIST do?
During the initial consultation, the trichologist will determine what the problem is. This is when their knowledge and experience is most called upon. Deeper analysis of the hair or skin may be necessary to help the trichologist determine the cause of the problem and the best way to treat it. Once the cause is established, the trichologist will decide:
Hair Analysis System
- If your problem requires treatment and, if so, what treatment would be most beneficial.
- If your problem is such that referral to a medical doctor is necessary.
- If surgical procedures are required, your trichologist will advise you on the best and most effective methods available.